Monday, March 28, 2011

Red Velvet Cupcakes

On Friday Robert said that he would like to order some cupcakes to give to his Aunt Marta for her 50th birthday, to bring to her dinner party on Sunday evening.  I asked him what her favourite colour was, and he said red.  I immediately thought that this would be a great opportunity to make Red Velvet Cupcakes!

Red Velvet Cupcakes are so much fun to make!  You mix the small amount of cocoa with some red food colouring:

And then add it to your batter:
It became this beautiful magenta colour!



I then made some buttercream frosting to ice these beautiful cupcakes.



I have only eaten red velvet cake once before, so I don't really have anything to compare these too.  Next time I make these, I will use a red colouring paste, as I wonder if that will make them more 'red' rather then 'magenta'.

I hope Robert's Aunt Marta enjoyed them!

Hope you had great weekends!  Love from,
April's SweetShop

No comments:

Post a Comment